From cold weather to green pollen everywhere!
Pollen is suddenly everywhere!
We go from the 20’s to the 60’s and then we see green dust sprinkled everywhere outside including porches, vehicles, and even our dogs’ feet! Once it’s on their feet you know it coming inside the home.
With pollen season comes the allergies! This is the season where people are most susceptible to all the triggers with runny nose, sneezing, and congestion. What can you do?
There are a few preventive things to avoid as much pollen and allergens coming into your home.
- Keep your vehicle in the garage. Keep the windows shut. Every time you get into the vehicle you are allowing pollen inside. Keep moist wipes handy.
- Wipe your feet off before entering your home and maybe take off your shoes before entering.
- Wipe off paws before animals enter home. Keep towel by door.
- Strip off all clothing before coming indoors if you’ve been doing yard work -preferably in laundry room.
- Keep doors and windows closed-even in beautiful weather.
- Change air filters monthly.
This is also a great time to do Spring Cleaning. As the seasons change it’s a good idea to schedule a deep cleaning or do it yourself. Once that is done, the maintenance is done on a rotation by areas of the house. Start by organizing and de-cluttering before cleaning. Start off the task with a Spring Checklist to zip through the process!
Other ways to control allergens:
- Vacuum once or twice a week
- Bath dogs and brush out long hair once a week. Use the hair for a bird collection nest outside.
- Use an air purifier in each room, or particularly in bedroom to reduce dust
One last thing…
You know the saying “Change the Time, Change Your Batteries!” Smoke detectors save lives. Change the batteries before they start chirping. You should have smoke detectors in every room and the hallway of your house. Do you need help installing them? Call your local fire department to schedule a time for them to come out and assist you with location and installation. It’s a free service.
Keep in mind that Spring is one of the most beautiful times of the year. Blossoms, trees, and wonderful weather. Keep smiling!
Professional service when you need it delivered with respect and kindness. Our knowledge and experience, delivered at a reasonable fee keep us in business working for you!
Happy New Year! Make it the best ever!
It isn’t just about the DUST,
Invite someone in your home you can TRUST!