Cleaning your oven is one of the yukkiest jobs to do. I look at mine and say-maybe later! But I just found a new way that basically cleans itself.
All that is required is a water bottle, vinegar, baking soda, water, a rag, and a small bowl. (Vinegar and baking soda should be your staple to have on hand for all your cleaning).
Basis Steps: Read all the way through first.
- Remove the racks from the oven and set on old towels.
- Add several spoonfuls of baking soda into a bowl with just enough water to make a paste.
- Spread the paste all over the inside of the oven. Get the corners, sides, all sides, but not the coils.
- Let this sit overnight 12 hours.
- In the morning take the rag and wipe away as much of the pasty residue as is possible.
- Add vinegar to water bottle and spritz spray the inside area where the baking soda paste remains.
- Clean the remaining residue off with the wet rag.
- Turn oven on to a low temperature to dry-250 degrees.
Needed supplies-dishwashing detergent, hot water, large single sink or bathtub, dry towels, and a non-abrasive sponge.
- Your oven racks should already be on the towels.
- If you have a large single kitchen sink put the towels and the racks in the sink. Otherwise use your bathtub. The towels will prevent any scratching of the surfaces.
- Cover racks completely with hot water.
- Add ½ cup of liquid dishwashing soap. Swish around to mix.
- Soak 4 hours or overnight.
- Brush off any residue with non -abrasive brush.
- Rinse off and dry!
Glass window on oven
- Apply a paste of baking soda and water
- Let sit for 30 minutes
- Wipe clean!
Isn’t this all a lot easier than the way you were taught to clean the oven with rubber gloves, scrubbing, and fumes? I personally like the easy way better, don’t you?
No time to do this? Call We Clean 4 You at (888) 572-MAID. We customize the cleaning to your needs!
We sell TRUST, not just cleaning. We trust our maids and treat them as our most valuable resource because they are! Our success and continually growing business is a team success and why We Clean 4 You!
We are here to make your life easier!
Make your house SPARKLE!
Serving Montgomery County and North Harris County areas.
We Clean 4 You