Ideas to give your home a fresh scent!
When someone walks into your home they can immediately smell cookies baking, dinner on the stove, or the dogs, the sweaty running shoes, and the kitchen trash.
Fresh scents are an immediate pleasant way to greet guests and family into your home. Natural scents and aromatherapy trigger the brain to calm our moods and effect our brain sensors. Essential oils of pine, lavender, jasmine, and orange will de-stress your body leaving a calming sensation.
Natural scents can be enhanced with items you may have available around your home.
- Add cinnamon oil drops to pinecones in a basket
- Push whole cloves into an orange and arrange on table
- Boil water in a pot, add slices oranges and cinnamon sticks. Let sit on stove uncovered.
- Mix borax, baking soda, and essential oils in a bowl. Shake onto carpet. Vacuum after 20 minutes
- Dab both ends of Q-tip into your favorite essential oil. Hide in toilet paper roll.
- Run lemon, lime, or orange peels through your garbage disposal
- Add a few drops of lavender to your pillow case
- Add vanilla extract drops to your light bulbs when they are off
- Mix tea leaves in cat litter box
Another decorative scent can be made with 10 drops of essential oil with 2 cups of water, salt, and gelatin in a mason jar with food coloring of your choice. It will harden, smell great, look great!
Flowers and plants will purify the room with clean air. Indoor plants remove pollutants from the air by absorbing the gases through their leaves and roots. Spider plants, weeping fig or ficus, peace lilies, Boston fern, bamboo, and aloe vera are the best indoor plants to rid formaldehyde, benzene, and ammonia odors.
Nothing is more memorable than a smell. Make it a good experience!
Next Step…Schedule a time to meet with us. We want you to see why our “boutique” cleaning business is just right 4 YOU!
Make your house SPARKLE!
Serving Montgomery County and North Harris County areas.
We Clean 4 You