There are safe options for cleaning using items from around your house that are organic (not manufactured), natural, non-toxic, multi-purpose and usually more affordable than store bought cleaners. You may have many products around your home that can be used for cleaning-you just never knew it.
Most people have hydrogen peroxide in their bathroom to use for disinfecting wounds. Did you know it has many other uses?
- Disinfect toothbrush
- Soften calluses
- Mix with water and add to humidifier to kill airborne germs
- Disinfect wounds
- Mix a capful with water for mouthwash
- Add 3 drops to your ears to rid ear wax
If you clean windows with 1 cup of vinegar to 1 cup of water
Other uses include:
- Add to coffeemaker to eliminate mineral deposits and odor
- Clean clogged drains in kitchen or shower by pouring an entire box of baking soda down the drain followed by vinegar
- Microwave can be cleaned with ¼ cup of vinegar and 1 cup of water to loosen food particles
- Clean refrigerator with equal parts vinegar and water
- Add to bottom of dishwasher to keep eliminate watermarks on glassware
- Remove soap residue by using a sponge soaked in vinegar.
- Tough toilet stains can be removed by soaking 3 cups of vinegar in bowl for an hour.
- Clean the shower head of mineral deposits by either unscrewing the head and soaking in vinegar or wrapping a towel soaked in vinegar adhered to head overnight.
- Use on a wet towel to remove pet accidents
- Use vinegar to get rid of gnats and ants in your home
A cut lemon can be used in a small bow of water to remove residue when cooked in microwave for 3 minutes. Clean your cutting board with coarse salt and wiping clean with a lemon half. Clean stubborn cooking pots with a paste made from lemon and salt. Add lemon juice on clothes with a small dab of cream of tartar to remove rust stains.
Baking Soda can brighten your whites and colored laundry when added to wash. Use baking soda with a toothbrush to clean sinks, countertops, and refrigerator spills.
- Grease fires
- Cleaning silver
- Removing scuff marks
- Deodorizing carpets and rugs
- Clean grout adding ½ c of baking soda + 1/3 c of lemon juice + ¼ c vinegar + 7c water in bottle
Other home cleaning remedies:
Homemade furniture polish made with equal parts of olive oil and vinegar.
Disinfectant Formula= I cup water + 1 cup rubbing alcohol
Household Cleaner= 2 cups water + ½ c white vinegar +1 cup dish soap+ 1 tsp baking soda